Maintaining a clean and tidy household is not easy but it is obligatory as living in a dirty, dusty and soiled environment can have disastrous consequences on your health. However, this does not mean that you must sanitise your entire home from top-to-bottom on a daily basis. Instead, you must draft a cleaning plan with daily, weekly, monthly and annual chores and follow it to the letter. If you have never created a sanitation schedule before, have no worries and keep reading, as we will present to you a sample, which you can use.
Daily sanitation errands
- Make the bed as soon as you get out of it. This will keep your sheets fresher and cleaner and will affect immensely the curb-appeal of your bedroom, as it will make it cosier and more welcoming.
- After your morning coffee, spare two minutes to clean your coffeemaker. This will not only allow you to enjoy a tasty mug of coffee on a daily basis but it will also prolong the appliance’s lifespan, as it would not be clogged.
- Squeegee the bathroom walls after each shower in order to prevent the accumulation of soap scum. This will also allow you to sanitise more quickly and efficiently your entire bathroom when the times comes.
- After you are done cooking and eating, do not only wash the dishes but also wipe clean the kitchen countertops and dining table, so that you can remove all harmful particles. Also, take the time to wash the sink, as washing dishes in a dirty sink should not be an option.
- De-cluttering is the last thing that you must do every day before going to bed. Just grab a basket and collect all misplaced items, and return them to their appropriate places.
Weekly sanitation errands
- Change your bed linens once every seven days. By doing so, you will have the peace of mind that you are always sleeping in a clean and tidy bed. Studies show that fresh sheets help the body to relax better.
- Check the foods that you are keeping in your kitchen and toss away everything that has passed its expiration date. This will allow you to free space in the room, which you can use to keep your weekly groceries.
- Wipe the exterior of your kitchen appliances and mop the floor. Do not forget to clean the interior of the microwave as it is one of the most frequently used items in a kitchen and heating meals in a dirty microwave can be unhealthy.
- Go in the bathroom and sanitise all surfaces, including the mirrors. Avoid using common commercial detergents. Instead, opt for green-products that do not contain any toxic or chemical elements but are as efficient.
- Do the laundry. Collect all your dirty clothes and load them in your laundry machine to be washed while you are taking care of other chores. When done, take them out, fold them and arrange them into your wardrobe.
- End you weekly cleaning routine by dusting and vacuuming the upholstered furnishings, carpets and area rugs. Do not forget to wipe clean the surfaces that you have in your dining room, living room and bedroom.
Monthly sanitation errands
- Take down your lighting fixtures and clean them. This will increase artificial illumination throughout your house.
- Empty your refrigerator and, wash and clean its interior. Do the same with your oven, dishwasher, laundry machine and other appliances that you have in your kitchen and household. Soiled machines tend to utilise more energy, so by doing this you will not only maintain a crystal clean home but you will also lower your utility bills.
- Dust the blinds and wash the curtains. Always hang dry drapery in order to prevent wrinkling.
- Vacuum the ventilation system and woodwork.
Semi-annual sanitation errands
- Wash your carpets and areas rugs. If you do not have the time, knowledge or tools to handle the job, contact and hire professional cleaners that provide cost effective London cleaning services.
- Move your furnishings to clean their behind and the areas underneath them. If necessary, strip your furniture and decorative cushions naked, and launder the upholstery and covers.
- Clean the kitchen range hood and empty the cabinetry to wipe their interiors and the backside of the doors. The same applies for the kitchen drawers.
- Freshen the drains and sanitise the garbage disposal unit. Also, wash your rubbish bins.
- Vacuum your mattress and if you notice any stains, wash it. Do not be timid to seek professional assistance.
- Launder the shower curtain liner and clean the laundry basket.
- Sanitise the exterior parts of your property such as the balcony, patio, garden pathways and driveway. Shred the bushes and dispose of withered plans and flowers.
Annual sanitation errands
Carry out a full-scale spring cleaning during which you will sanitise the fireplace and the chimney, deep clean the carpets, rugs and upholstery, wash the windows and wipe the door frames and window trims, and clean out the gutters in order to unblock them.